Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Letter to the Editor

Editor, Daily Nexus,

Ah yes, the birds are singing, the sun is shining, and the rainbow sticks cover this campus like freckles on a ginger. I blame the Queer Student Union for making me want to vomit every time I see a rainbow now. Jerks. Now to my point. Everyone should be aware that it is Queer Pride Week here on campus. We are being encouraged to accept the gay community for who they are. Stop the hate, you bigot.

As a "right-wing extremist," or anyone who wants his taxes cut, on this campus, I have been called a "Nazi," a "fascist," and "Dick Cheney's clone" (though I personally admired that one). So, it is okay for someone to equate me with the scum of the earth who murdered six million of my Jewish brothers and sisters, but "fag" crosses the line?

I am not advocating any "hate" towards the gay community. I personally don't give a damn about the gay community. They mean as much to me as the victims of napalm in Vietnam. But I believe that people should treat others the way they want to be treated. If any group on this campus is guilty of hate, it is the gay community, particularly after the results of prop 8 were released. If I had a dime for every time I heard "Mormons suck" I could afford Michelle Obama's shoes. I understand that it is the cool thing to be a "victim" these days, but grow the hell up.

ZAC GATES

No comments:

Post a Comment